How Do I Pay for Treatment?

The cost for residential treatment varies depending upon the treatment facility. If you have private insurance, check your benefits with your insurance provider. The cost of residential treatment is covered by Medical Assistance. If you have Medical Assistance, ask your Medical Assistance provider which treatment facilities accept Medical Assistance. If you are a Berks County resident and not covered by private insurance or Medical Assistance, go to Treatment Access and Services Center for assistance with paying for residential treatment.

If your co-pay or deductible for treatment is unaffordable, we may be able to help you. Please contact the Case Management unit at COCA.

Contact Us Today

In accordance with federal and state requirements, pregnant women are given preferences with regard to access to COCA-funded treatment services.

Are you a part of Berks County’s HealthChoices program?

Community Care, a nonprofit recovery-focused behavioral health managed care organization, manages mental health and substance use disorder services for individuals in Berks County’s HealthChoices program.  Their goal is to improve the health and well-being of the communities they serve.

They offer substance use disorder services for adults, including:

If you would like more information about services or help with your recovery, call Community Care at 1.866.292.7886 or visit their website at