Tobacco Cessation – Reading Hospital Behavioral Health Outpatient Services
This is a FREE 8-week class held from 5:30-6:30 pm on Mondays 1/10-2/28/22 at Reading Hospital Behavioral Outpatient Health Outpatient Services
Class will be held in person. Free nicotine replacement patches, gum and lozenges are available to all participants.
Why should you be tobacco free?
- You lower your health risks for illnesses or death from cancer, emphysema, bronchitis, diabetes and heart disease.
- You’ll have more energy! Less toxins in your blood and better lung function will enable you to be more active.
- It saves money! It costs about $3,000-$3,500/year to smoke one pack of cigarettes a day.
What will you learn?
- understanding tobacco addiction
- identifying triggers
- developing a personalized plan to quit
- identifying supports to help you through the process
- discussing withdrawal symptoms and medication assistance
- providing you with free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) as grant funding allows**
- meeting group members for extra support
- being guided by a counselor to help you on your way to a healthier you!
If you are interested in attending a tobacco cessation class, please register online with the form below, or contact Teresa Tieman Detweiler, Prevention Specialist at (610) 376-8669, Ext. 136, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday January 31 2022
5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Reading Hospital Behavioral Health Outpatient Services
101 Wellness Way
Reading, PA 19605
Event Category: Tobacco Cessation Classes