Tobacco Cessation Class – Berks Community Health Center
This is a free 8-week class held on Tuesdays 1:30-2:30pm 3/14/23-4/25/23
Nicotine replacement (including nicotine patches, gum or lozenges) is available free of charge for participants.
Why should you be tobacco free?
- You lower your health risks for illnesses or death from cancer, emphysema, bronchitis, diabetes and heart disease.
- You’ll have more energy! Less toxins in your blood and better lung function will enable you to be more active.
- It saves money! It costs about $3,000/year to smoke one pack of cigarettes a day.
What will you learn?
- understanding tobacco addiction
- identifying triggers
- developing a personalized plan to quit
- identifying supports to help you through the process
- discussing withdrawal symptoms and medication assistance
- providing you with free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) as grant funding allows**
- meeting group members for extra support
- being guided by a counselor to help you on your way to a healthier you!
If you are interested in attending a tobacco cessation class, please register online with the form below, or contact Teresa Tieman Detweiler, Prevention Specialist at (610) 376-8669, Ext. 136, firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTER: 2023-24 Tobacco Cessation Class
Tuesday March 14 2023
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Berks Community Health Center
838 Penn St
Reading, PA 19602
Event Category: Tobacco Cessation Classes