Fall 2023 Tobacco Cessation Class: Sept – October
This is an 8-week class that meets every Wednesday from 6-7:30 PM, Sept 6-Oct 25, 2023
Nicotine replacement (including nicotine patches, gum or lozenges) is available free of charge for participants who attend class regularly.
Please note: The last half hour of this class will be a discussion period during which participants can offer one another support and share their thoughts and strategies for quitting.
Why should you be tobacco free?
- You lower your health risks for illnesses or death from cancer, emphysema, bronchitis, diabetes and heart disease.
- You’ll have more energy! Less toxins in your blood and better lung function will enable you to be more active.
- It saves money! It costs about $3,000/year to smoke one pack of cigarettes a day.
What will you learn?
- understanding tobacco addiction
- identifying triggers
- developing a personalized plan to quit
- identifying supports to help you through the process
- discussing withdrawal symptoms and medication assistance
- providing you with free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) as grant funding allows**
- meeting group members for extra support
- being guided by a counselor to help you on your way to a healthier you!
If you are interested in attending a tobacco cessation class, please register online with the form below, or contact Teresa Tieman Detweiler, Prevention Specialist at (610) 376-8669, Ext. 136, email@example.com.
REGISTER: 2023 Tobacco Cessation Class
Wednesday September 06 2023
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Reading Rehabilitation Hospital
2802 Papermill Road
Wyomissing, PA 19610
Event Category: Tobacco Cessation Classes