2023 Fall/Winter Tobacco Cessation Class – RISE Center Nov-Dec
This is an 8-week class occurring every Thursday from Nov. 2- Dec. 21, 2023 from 2-3 PM at the RISE Center.
Please note: There will be no class Nov. 23 due to the Thanksgiving Holiday
Nicotine replacement (including nicotine patches, gum or lozenges) is available free of charge for participants who attend class regularly.
Why should you be tobacco free?
- You lower your health risks for illnesses or death from cancer, emphysema, bronchitis, diabetes and heart disease.
- You’ll have more energy! Less toxins in your blood and better lung function will enable you to be more active.
- It saves money! It costs about $3,000/year to smoke one pack of cigarettes a day.
What will you learn?
- understanding tobacco addiction
- identifying triggers
- developing a personalized plan to quit
- identifying supports to help you through the process
- discussing withdrawal symptoms and medication assistance
- providing you with free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) as grant funding allows**
- meeting group members for extra support
- being guided by a counselor to help you on your way to a healthier you!
If you are interested in attending a tobacco cessation class, please register online with the form below, or contact Teresa Tieman Detweiler, Prevention Specialist at (610) 376-8669, Ext. 136, firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTER: 2023-24 Tobacco Cessation Class
Thursday November 02 2023
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
702 N. 8th St
Reading, PA 19604
Event Category: Tobacco Cessation Classes